Margaret River is regarded as the premier region in Australia for Bordeaux blends as typified by Ashbrook’s blend of approximately 75% Cabernet Sauvignon and 25% Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. Two years in French Oak and two years’ bottle maturation produce classical wines of elegance, intensity and opulence.
Some highlights include:
- 94 points James Halliday (2004, 2008)
- 95 points James Halliday (2005)
- James Halliday’s Weekend Australian Top 100 Wines 2010 (2005)
- Silver Medal Royal Melbourne Wine Show 2012 (2009)
- Silver Medal Margaret River Wine Show 2013 (2009)
- Gold Medal Sakura Wine Awards 2014, Japan (2009)