This wine is 50% fermented and stored in new French barriques for 7-8 months. There is no lees stirring or malolactic fermentation, thus highlighting Margaret River’s attractive and intense primary fruit flavours and aromas which combine seamlessly with a backbone of quality oak. Margaret River consistently produces Australia’s best Chardonnays.
Some highlights include:
- James Halliday’s Weekend Australian Top 100 1997 and 2007
- Gold Medal Margaret River Wine Show 2004, 2005
- Best Overall Wine Margaret River Wine Show 2004
- Australia’s Best Chardonnay (97 points) James Halliday Australian Wine Companion 2006
- 94 points James Halliday (2011)
- Gold Medal Sakura Wine Awards 2014, Japan (2011)